- Run a professional design company.
- Say No when I feel it is No.
- Accept others and not want them to change.
- Stop pushing my kids too hard.
- Spend more time nurturing my teenage son.
- Grow my own food in my own land.
- Appreciate the life I have instead of always working towards or wishing for a better one.
- Help other people without damaging myself.
- Deal with my demons without relapsing to worse ones.
- Speak and act in a calm manner instead of anger and rush.
It is 2013, and what better way to start off the new year on a fresh exciting note!!!
Okay, my only new year’s resolution, is to put a bit more time and effort into this space, and, please Lawd help me, find inspiration not in pain and heartache, but the everyday joys and pleasures.
One pleasure I indulge myself in every morning, that usually determines my attitude for the day ahead, is my outfit for the day. I should mention, I love shopping like all women, and unfortunately, sometimes you can only do so little shopping with a tight budget, so, creativity starts kicking in.
I will be documenting some of my inspirational “recycled” outfits now and again. Well, by recycled I don’t mean I will be showing you outfits made out of plastic and all sorts of recycled material, (I’m not that brave / daring), but rather how to take an item and dress it in different ways, such that only the few will notice that it’s the same clothes in different ways over and over!!!
And also, when the cents run low, you will be surprised how many good clothing items you have in your closet that haven’t had your attention nor sight in a very long time. Those resurface and make the perfect company to my staples.
So, to 2013, may you unleash the shoestring budget fashionista in me, and regularly inspire me to share with you and you and you!!!!!