- Run a professional design company.
- Say No when I feel it is No.
- Accept others and not want them to change.
- Stop pushing my kids too hard.
- Spend more time nurturing my teenage son.
- Grow my own food in my own land.
- Appreciate the life I have instead of always working towards or wishing for a better one.
- Help other people without damaging myself.
- Deal with my demons without relapsing to worse ones.
- Speak and act in a calm manner instead of anger and rush.
I have been labelled as vain, self-centred, in love with myself etc.
Maybe I am, don’t blame me, I was born so, and my uncle knew it, before I could even speak, that I will be me, love me, talk about me, embrace me, against all odds. and he named me Nomna, No-Mna, Me, myself and I, in direct translation.
I have been thinking lately, why is it so bad to talk about, share, embrace me? Is it better if I talk about everyone else? Doesn’t that make me a gossipmonger? Umxabanisi? Gqadambekweni?
Every conversation begins with general info, world news, interests, and when that runs out, either you reveal a little bit (to a stranger) or a bit more (to a friend, your people) about yourself. When is it considered vain? If I don’t talk about myself when everything else runs out, I will ask about you, and you will label me as “uthanda indaba zabantu”. If I can’t ask you about you, I have to talk/ask about other people. In my dictionary that is labelled as gossiping.
So, make up your mind, which do you prefer, and inform me, before you label me vain, or a gossip monger. I can do both.
But I prefer to be me, worry about me, do me, love me and talk about me first. Should you choose, I would love to hear about you too!!!!